Personal Injury Cases Involving Trip & Fall / Slip & Fall Cases
Although a trip and fall can be dangerous for anyone, they are particularly dangerous for the brittle bones of the elderly. Any slip and fall can cause serious injuries. If a property owner was to blame or in any way negligent, victims of a fall can be compensated for losses in some cases.
People often feel stupid after they fall. After all, they think, “why didn’t I see that?” It’s because you do not have eyes on your feet, and you look forward, not down, when you walk. Architects and engineers usually carefully design walkways to be safe, and incorporate visual aids such as planters, lights, bright paint and other warning devices. When not properly designed, cleaned or maintained, it is easy to unintentionally lose your footing. So don’t feel stupid, it may not have been your fault.
Common causes of falls include:
- Uneven floor surfaces
- Floor transition in elevation (especially when the two are of similar color)
- Slippery floors from substances
- Objects on floors
Important Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall Accident:
- Medical Help: Your health is your top priority. Seek medical attention immediately, even if the injury seems minor. Having your injury documented by a medical professional will provide proof if you choose to seek compensation for your medical bills.
- Document Everything: Document the exact time and location where you fell, if there were dangerous conditions, if there were any posted warning signs, and write down the circumstances. Take photos of the conditions if possible.
- Report It: If you fell in a store, apartment building, or even in a friend’s home, make sure you report it to the manager, homeowner or landlord. Ask them to make a report of the accident and obtain a copy before you leave.
- Call an Attorney: When considering legal action, call an experienced personal injury attorney. As many slip and fall cases are difficult to prove, you will need an attorney to recover the compensation you deserve.
If you are suffering an injury due to a slip and fall incident, contact us today at (954) 913-CASE (2273) for a complimentary consultation to see if you are eligible for financial compensation.