If you or a loved one was injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may need a personal injury attorney to help you fight for your rightful compensation. But how do you find one?
For many people, the first step is to do an Internet search of “Top 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys Near Me,” or another similar type of search. Entering this into Google or another search engine will yield many legal directories listing nearby attorneys. These legal directories are a form of paid advertising, just like television advertising or a billboard. While this can be one approach to start researching names of personal injury attorneys, it’s essential to be aware that you are reading an advertisement and not an endorsement for these attorneys.
How to Find the Right Attorney for Your Case
A good option for finding a personal injury attorney is to ask friends and family members for a recommendation. Make sure to specify that you are looking for someone that they have personally worked with and has won compensation for them.
Whether you search for an attorney online or through personal recommendations, or both, you will want to learn as much about them as you can. Some ways to do this are:
- Thoroughly read their websites and Facebook pages to learn about their background and experience.
- Seek out online testimonials or reviews about them to find out what their former clients think of them.
- Check out their credentials with the Bar Association for any misconduct reports.
In addition, meet with them to discuss the details of your case and determine if they are the right attorney for you. Some questions to ask are:
- Do you have experience with cases similar to mine? Not all personal injury attorneys have the same experience. Some focus almost exclusively on traffic accidents, while others may specialize in medical malpractice or another area.
- How much do you think my claim is worth? Make sure that you and your attorney are on the same page with respect to the value of the claim.
- If this case goes to trial, do you have trial experience? Most cases don’t go to trial, but if yours does, you want to be sure that your attorney is experienced in litigation – not all are.
- What is your fee structure if we win the case? What is the fee structure if we do not win the case? Make sure you are clear on all payment arrangements ahead of time.
Finally, as when hiring any professional, you need to feel comfortable with the attorney and feel that you can trust them.
Finding the right personal injury attorney to represent you can have a significant impact on winning your case and receiving the compensation that you deserve. The attorneys at Cutler Rader always offer free case consultations and enjoy meeting with prospective clients so that you can learn about our expertise and make the right choice for your case.
Cutler Rader, P.L.
With over 75 years of combined experience, the attorneys at Cutler Rader understand the meaning of Justice. Our one and only mission is to get each client the justice he or she deserves; our team of attorneys never back down when we know our client is right.
We offer our clients the compassion and guidance they need as they work through trying times in their lives. The balance of working relentlessly for our clients combined with our caring approach has helped us achieve a fantastic record of success with our clients. We get our clients the justice they deserve.
At Cutler Rader, You matter. Your justice matters. Your Justice Starts Here. 954-913-2273.