Florida law requires that all drivers carry a minimum policy with Property Damage Liability (PDL) and Personal Injury Protection (PIP). Each of these coverage types must have a minimum payout of $10,000. Buying insurance that meets the bare bones state mandated requirements will almost always be your cheapest option, but will not fully protect you.

Bodily Injury (BI) coverage protects you if you are at fault in a crash and cause someone else to be injured. Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist (UM) coverage protects you if another driver hits and injures you and they do not have insurance or do not have enough insurance to cover your injuries. UM coverage is the most important insurance you can have to protect yourself, but is most often not purchased by drivers. Please protect yourself! If you are involved in a motor vehicle crash, call us, we are happy to assist you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *